Universal Signals & Communications
Signals that save lives
Nothing takes greater precedence for Universal Rail Systems than safety. Universal Signals & Communications is 100 per cent focused on delivering safe, effective and reliable warning and wayside signals and specialty communications.
We’re experts by design and necessity, and have the capabilities to integrate our expertise in signals and communications with all aspects of construction, rehabilitation, maintenance and rail switching services.
Our offerings include:
- Project development;
- Installation and maintenance; and
- Commissioning and decommissioning.
Our experienced and dedicated experts design, install and maintain your signals and communications systems according to best practices and all Transport Canada standards.
Our expertise includes:
- Centralized Traffic Control (CTC)
- Positive Traffic Control (PTC)
- Highway grade crossing warning systems, including Grade Crossing Predictors (GCPs)
- Fiber optic networks
- Hot and cold air switch clearing devices
- Hot Box Detector (HBD) and AEI sites
- Wiring for signal houses and/or rack wiring
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Communications systems
- Wayside inspections